I think

This is our SAFC Forum of course. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Obviously, the Black Cats are the main focus. However, this is basically our football lounge.
User avatar
Zook
Voter
Voter
Posts: 59
Joined: 29 Nov 2017, 18:47
Location: Guidepost, Northumberland

I think

Post: # 15001Post Zook
04 Feb 2018, 01:39

With new faces needing to bed in (which will be easier said than done as our forward lines combined age are 14 including flecture)... Lol... We have a mountain to climb. I think we have 4 more games to turn things around, however, I really can't see it happening.... Administration here we come... You heard it here first as asset stripper short has made his billions doing typically what he has done to our once proud club.... Disgrace really, its all down to him and his unwillingness to invest.... £200 million over 10 year.... Hahaha.... How much has he pocketed from sky alone...? Conserts, shirt sponsors, boarding sponsors, corporate finances, match day sponsors, radio rights, function monies, box deals, season tickets, pay on the day (tax fiddle) shirt and ware monies, carpark monies..... Of the top of my head but I could probably go on... Does he care as he settles into his £30 million POUND mansion in America.... Wonder where he got that. (pick Ford).... Coincidence.... I think not.... Thanks Ellis.

User avatar
thingamajig
City Councillor
City Councillor
Posts: 1047
Joined: 18 Jul 2013, 18:10
Location: Southwick

Re: I think

Post: # 15002Post thingamajig
04 Feb 2018, 06:48

I honestly think Ellis Short done his best and even pleased the fans on many occasions.
Bringing in Martin O'Neill was a popular choice where he listened to the fans albeit MON's heart wasn't in it.
Wearing the FTM badge and upsetting the PC brigade was another.
However, I now think his heart is not with the club any more.
Time to move on without the need for pulling the bloke down.
Short will sell the club and his legacy looks like its not going to end well as it is.
What was that you said again?

User avatar
Zook
Voter
Voter
Posts: 59
Joined: 29 Nov 2017, 18:47
Location: Guidepost, Northumberland

Re: I think

Post: # 15003Post Zook
05 Feb 2018, 17:49

thingamajig wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 06:48
I honestly think Ellis Short done his best and even pleased the fans on many occasions.
Bringing in Martin O'Neill was a popular choice where he listened to the fans albeit MON's heart wasn't in it.
Wearing the FTM badge and upsetting the PC brigade was another.
However, I now think his heart is not with the club any more.
Time to move on without the need for pulling the bloke down.
Short will sell the club and his legacy looks like its not going to end well as it is.
Are you kidding, how can you even attempt to in the slightest justify how this greedy person has in effect finished our club by stripping it of anything its worth... I'm bewildered at your response to my post.... It's your opinion fair enough but... Dear me. He has only been to one game this season.... The first game of the season, he doesn't give a monies now there's no monies to get out of it.

User avatar
thingamajig
City Councillor
City Councillor
Posts: 1047
Joined: 18 Jul 2013, 18:10
Location: Southwick

Re: I think

Post: # 15004Post thingamajig
05 Feb 2018, 22:11

Zook wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 17:49
thingamajig wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 06:48
I honestly think Ellis Short done his best and even pleased the fans on many occasions.
Bringing in Martin O'Neill was a popular choice where he listened to the fans albeit MON's heart wasn't in it.
Wearing the FTM badge and upsetting the PC brigade was another.
However, I now think his heart is not with the club any more.
Time to move on without the need for pulling the bloke down.
Short will sell the club and his legacy looks like its not going to end well as it is.
Are you kidding, how can you even attempt to in the slightest justify how this greedy person has in effect finished our club by stripping it of anything its worth... I'm bewildered at your response to my post.... It's your opinion fair enough but... Dear me. He has only been to one game this season.... The first game of the season, he doesn't give a monies now there's no monies to get out of it.
Maybe you can't see the bigger picture like I can.
I am looking at how he tried prior to last season.
Yes, it looks like he has thrown the towel in and has had the last throw of the dice.
Time for him to go but he is not now going to throw money at the club.
If you were a businessman would you not secure your investment?

Granted, he could have thrown good money after bad in the Prem but he can't do that now under the fair play regulations.
So, yes I will stand by what I said about Short, and that is he gave it a bloody good go.
Now he holds a club heavily in debt, he really can't do any more.
He tried and failed at Sunderland, time to move on and hope the damage is minimal for us.
I certainly am not going to have a go at him apart from saying, his business plan never worked.

If you want a crack at him please do so but we are still in this precarious position and it isn't going to help.
Its going to be a case of he came, he tried and failed.
As for the club, I have my fingers crossed that we can pull ourselves clear and then look for a new investor.
That will not be easy.
What was that you said again?

User avatar
Sandy Mackem
Voter
Voter
Posts: 238
Joined: 27 Jul 2013, 05:49
Location: Whitburn

Re: I think

Post: # 15005Post Sandy Mackem
05 Feb 2018, 22:33

Divide and conquer :lol:
Has Ellis Short lost money on Sunderland or has he benefited. I am confused on this score.

User avatar
Bus Driver
Active Citizen
Active Citizen
Posts: 302
Joined: 11 Aug 2013, 18:09
Location: Pennywell

Re: I think

Post: # 15006Post Bus Driver
05 Feb 2018, 23:00

Sandy Mackem wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 22:33
Has Ellis Short lost money on Sunderland
No!

User avatar
Nockya
Active Citizen
Active Citizen
Posts: 512
Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 10:36
Location: Downhill

Re: I think

Post: # 15007Post Nockya
05 Feb 2018, 23:34

I think the point might be lost here. Its how he will leave the club that counts surely. The lack of investment may put us in League One :o

Sunderland 'til I die :red-white:

User avatar
thingamajig
City Councillor
City Councillor
Posts: 1047
Joined: 18 Jul 2013, 18:10
Location: Southwick

Re: I think

Post: # 15008Post thingamajig
06 Feb 2018, 00:20

Bus Driver wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 23:00
Sandy Mackem wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 22:33
Has Ellis Short lost money on Sunderland
No!
I think you may be wrong on that score!
What was that you said again?

User avatar
monty
Active Citizen
Active Citizen
Posts: 749
Joined: 16 Jul 2013, 15:58
Location: SUNDERLAND

Re: I think

Post: # 15009Post monty
06 Feb 2018, 00:33

thingamajig wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 00:20
Bus Driver wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 23:00

No!
I think you may be wrong on that score!
If this is the case we could be under threat from asset stripping in order to recoup money lost?

User avatar
Rat Scabs
Active Citizen
Active Citizen
Posts: 313
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:28
Location: Hendon

Re: I think

Post: # 15010Post Rat Scabs
06 Feb 2018, 01:46

Sandy Mackem wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 22:33
Divide and conquer :lol:
Has Ellis Short lost money on Sunderland or has he benefited. I am confused on this score.
I'd like to see the accounting books :argument:

Post Reply